TRNSYS is a simulation program primarily used in the fields of renewable energy engineering and building simulation for passive as well as active solar design.
TRNSYS is an extremely flexible graphically based software environment used to simulate the behavior of transient systems. While the vast majority of simulations are focused on assessing the performance of thermal and electrical energy systems, TRNSYS can equally well be used to model other dynamic systems such as traffic flow, or biological processes.
This training consists of 2 sessions (2hrs each one), to present TRNSYS software explaining how it works to model energy systems and to handle energy simulations.
The first session will be dedicated to model solar systems and the second one will show how to approach building dynamic thermal simulation.
Each session will include one case study to apply learned technics.
Temporary full licenses of TRNSYS will be supplied to the participants to practice in real time the presented case studies.
Researchers, Ph.D. students, engineers. (Maximum 15 participants).
Session 1 – TRNSYS and solar simulation example
- What is TRNSYS?
- The TRNSYS Suite
- The TRNSYS Simulation Studio
- The TRNSYS Simulation Engine
- The Building Visual Interface
- TRNEdit and TRNSED Applications
- TRNSYS Add-ons
- TRNSYS files
- How simulation works?
- Creating and simulating a TRNSYS project
- System description
- Modeling approach
- Step-by-Step instructions to create the project
- Running the simulation and visualizing the results
Session 2 – Multizone building modeling with Type56 and TRNBuild
- The Project Initialization Window
- The zone window
- The type managers
- Generating files
- The Trnsys3d and weather data
- Zoning differences
- Create a simple zone
- Using the 3D-building wizard and importing the *.IDF file
- US-TMY2 data
- Meteonorm data
- Creating and simulation a building project
- Using the 3D building project
- The Type56
- Simulation Studio parameters
- Running the simulation
2 x an hour and a half: From 6:30 pm on December 05-06, 2018.
El Fouih Younness
TRUSTED ENERGY Consulting